Pit Cover Safety Systems
Patented (US #4,986,389) pit covering system, the first and still the best of its kind.
An alternative to rigid steel cover systems, our Westerbeke Pit Cover Safety Systems meet OSHA recommendations and will put your business in compliance. Our fabricated fall protection solution is designed to fit over open pit service bays. The sliding net system is engineered to absorb the impact of a fall.
Our Pit Cover Safety System is easy to assemble and can be easily installed. Westerbeke Pit Cover Systems are in use across the United States and across the world providing fall protection to automotive, truck, bus and rail service centers.
Westerbeke Pit Cover Safety System has been specifically designed to provide safe fall protection for open automotive service pits. Easy to operate by your lube tech, each pit net opens by sliding the net on a galvanized steel cable installed along the open pit sidewalls. A typical pit safety net takes only minutes to open end-to-end.
Easy to install, each Pit Cover Safety System includes all hardware needed for operation. Welding of steel hardware at the open pit corners is normally required.
Once installed each safety cover system will typically support up to 6000 lbs.
Pit Cover Safety System is custom fabricated to fit your specific pit opening dimensions. Most orders ship within 5-10 days.
Features and Benefits
- High tensile strength netting prevents injury to customers & employees
- Puts your business in compliance by meeting OSHA floor protection requirements
- Sliding design allows smooth movement of netting for vehicle access above
- Will not restrict light penetration to lube tech work area below
- Easy to install without modification of existing pit opening (most cases)
- Custom fabricated to your specific open pit dimensions to insure proper fit
- Quickly helps you gain compliance by shipping within 5-10 business days
- Complete with all hardware and instructions for install